Harris County

Student at Tomball High hospitalized after experiencing a medical issue from using a vape pen

Pixabay

TOMBALL – On Monday, September 9th, a student at Tomball High School required medical attention after using a vape pen while on campus.

According to Tomball Independent School, District officials school staff acted immediately as soon as they noticed the student became ill and was experiencing issues.





The staff at Tomball High instantly enacted their emergency medical procedures and called 911.

Officials state the ambulance transported the student to a local area hospital for treatment and family was immediately notified of the incident and were able to be with their child at the hospital.

Tomball Independent School District released the following statement about the incident:





“Tomball ISD can confirm a student at Tomball High School experienced a medical emergency during an after school activity involving a vape pen. A staff member immediately recognized the emergency, assisted with the incident as the student became ill and called 911 immediately. An ambulance arrived and the student was transported to a local hospital where family members were present. We have no new details on the student’s health at this time. In Tomball ISD, educational resources have been put in place and the district will continue its efforts to educate students and parents on the negative effects of vaping.”

Get Texas Breaking News Updates






Join the conversation

All content © 2019 GHM or their respective parties. All rights reserved.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

To Top