AUSTIN – As the Austin Pride Festival and Parade approaches on Saturday, August 10, city officials have announced a traffic plan with road closures.
The Austin Police Department stated that the following streets are subject to the partial and full road closures during the event:
- San Jacinto Blvd from E. 15th to E. 11th | 1 p.m. to midnight
- E. 11th from Trinity to Lavaca will be closed | 5 p.m. to midnight
- 11th at Brazos will be open Eastbound 5:00 p.m. to midnight
- Congress Ave from 11th to 3rd will be closed | 5 p.m. to midnight
- 5th St and 6th St will be open East and West until 7:00 p.m. then closed to midnight
- 4th St will be closed from Congress to San Antonio with intermittent traffic allowed at the cross streets until 7:00 p.m.
- Lane reductions on Guadalupe from W. 9th to W. 4th | 5 p.m. to midnight
Alternate routes for drivers include:
- North/South: Brazos, San Jacinto, Lavaca and Guadalupe
- East/West: 15th Street and W. Cesar Chavez
APD added that those who attend are encouraged to have fun but stay aware of their surroundings and report any suspicious activity.
Scooter riders are asked to obey all traffic laws and to watch for cars, avoid cell phones while driving and drive friendly, especially when sharing the sidewalk with pedestrians.
Join the conversation
All content © 2019 GHM or their respective parties. All rights reserved.